Corporate Social Responsibility in Responsibility to Customers
TOTAL believes that customers are strategic partners to develop its business today and in the future. Therefore, TOTAL is strongly committed to fulfilling its responsibility to all customers. In its implementation, the Company implements numerous programs that upholds Service Excellence to improve customer satisfaction. One of the policies that we implement to fulfill our responsibility to customers is the establishment of Customer Care Department. Through this establishment, a wide range of services has been initiated by TOTAL as an effort to give prime service to all customers.
In practice, the Company’s service excellence covers the following activities, but not limited to:
- Fair marketing, providing factual and unbiased information, as well as fair contractual practice.
- Maintenance of customer’s health and safety.
- Customer service and support, including complaint management.
- Protection and confidentiality of customer data
- Access to essential service.
- Education and issue awareness-raising.
Customer Care Department and Product Quality Department
For TOTAL, customers’ interest is one of the most important factors that need to be protected. Thus, the Company always conducts developments on the construction products and services. The quality of TOTAL’s performance is reflected on all project implementation staged controlled by the Product Quality Department. This department functions to maintain performance quality in order to preserve the success of each project implementation. Together with the project team, Product Quality Department conducts identification process on the potential risk of quality failure as well as its mitigation. In the implementation process, examination is performed using evaluation system on all projects periodically. Finally, in the handover process, re-evaluation is conducted to ensure that the building is in an excellent condition and ready to be used.
TOTAL has obtained ISO 9001 certificate due to its implementation of quality and customer-satisfaction-oriented performance. To date, TOTAL has successfully managed various projects, such as: Apartments, Office Building; Shopping Centers; Malls; Modern Market; University/International Schools, Hospital, Places of worship, Embassies, Industrial Plants, etc.
The quality of TOTAL’s performance can be seen at every stage of project implementation, controlled by Product Quality Department. This department continues to maintain quality performance to retain its success of each project implementation. For instance, in the preliminary stage of the project, personnel of Product Quality Department together with project team will identify potential quality failure and perform its prevention. During the construction phase, periodic evaluation is conducted by applying assessment systems to all projects. Furthermore, in the handover stage, a final check is carried out to ensure that the building is ready to be delivered to the owner.
ISO 26000 Development Program
As evidenced by our endeavors to uphold ethics and transparency in line with sustainable development and society’s welfare, as well as the interest of stakeholders, that is in accordance with the prevailing regulations and globally accepted business ethics; all of which are integrated within our organization’s activities.
TOTAL planned to adopt ISO 26000 as our main basis to implement CSR programs. ISO 26000 is an international standard for CSR, with 7 (seven) main programs covering the environment, social welfare improvement, human rights, good corporate governance, manpower relations, business ethics, and improvement in customer service excellence.
TOTAL is committed to gradually implementing all the points stipulated in ISO 26000 to become the leading construction company. TOTAL’s CSR program emphasized on 3 (three) main points of ISO 26000, i.e. environment, social welfare improvement, and manpower relations.
In environment, among others:
- Responsible for the result of environmental management.
- Management and disposal of waste, hazardous waste, solid waste, styrofoam and others.
- Reducing pollution
- Dust and noise pollution
- Water use, the utilization of reservoir pond, etc
- lectricity and paper saving
- Green construction implementation in material use and construction process
- Procurement of waste tank, creation of water tank, distribution of dewatering and others, and
- Social community work
In social community development, the Company will adopt ISO 26000 to its CSR activities, among others:
- Society involvement in education and culture.
- Job creation and skills improvement.
- Information technology development and improvement to its access.
- Increase in welfare and income
- Health care
- Social investment
In manpower, the Company will implement several policies such as:
- Equality of rights, upholding law enforcement and regulation of the Company consistently without prejudice to race, ethnic groups, religion, mental disorder, veteran, and others.
- Welfare protection, such as Jamsostek and other welfare protections.
- Equal assessment system, grade promotion, allowance, and others
- Provision of scholarship (based on the applicable regulation
- The Company gives fair and equal opportunities and fair treatment to all employees.
- Complying with the prevailing manpower regulation, including rules that regulate freedom to unite gather, and express opinion.
- Recruiting employees, providing trainings, promotion, dismissal, compensation, and other provisions fairly without discrimination to religion, race, nation, private affiliation (friendship and kinship), color, citizenship, gender (including pregnancy), sexual preference, age, physical defects, veteran status and other characteristics protected by law.
- Disseminating career path to all employees so that each employee see the clarity of career development process.