Corporate Social Responsibility in Environment
This commitment of preserving the environment has rooted deep within the Company since TOTAL was established in 1970. For the purpose of improving the quality of living standards of the society and future generations, every year, TOTAL continues to implement environmental CSR programs consistently.
TOTAL’s concern toward the environment was shown by our passion to be an eco-friendly company, namely through the green construction and green building initiatives. To that end, TOTAL has continuously tried to design better CSR programs through a change of the environment management concept that adheres to the ISO 26000. In addition to this certification, TOTAL’s CSR policy implementation on environment is based on Environmental Management System standards of ISO 14001 applied by setting the area as the main protection target from environmental pollution caused by the building construction projects. This system follows the international standards of the Environmental Management System that is widely used all over the world.
TOTAL’s environmental CSR policies encompass a framework to implement, maintain, develop, improve and manage the environment in line with our efforts to minimize negative impacts, enhance the positive contribution, and leverage the natural resources wisely.
Through our responsible environmental CSR programs, TOTAL remains optimistic that its existence as a high-rise building contractor will gain positive response from society, shareholders, and other stakeholders. TOTAL continues to implement environmental-based building projects, while at the same time taking part in creating a clean and healthy environment.
Activity of Environmental CSR
TOTAL’s real action to take account of environmental aspect in each business location and environment near the Company is implemented through the following activities:
- Maintaining environmental preservation.
- Complying with regulation and environmental management standards.
- Providing and guaranteeing all equipment of environmental management.
- Making adjustment and improvement on environment to minimize negative effects and develop positive contribution, as well as utilize natural resources wisely.
- Promoting and taking preventive action to anticipate emergency.
- Investigating the cause of pollution to environment.
- Making report on the occurrence of pollution to the environment.
- Periodically monitoring, inspecting and evaluation all facilities.
- Holding training on environmental pollution management.
- Disseminating the utilization and disposal of harmful chemical ingredients.
The Company has conducted numerous CSR programs in environmental sector.
Certification in Environmental Area
TOTAL has certification in environment such as ISO 14001 of Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Series-OHSAS 18001:2007, Regulation of the Minister of Manpower No. 05/ Men/1996 on Occupational Health and Safety Management System and Environmental Management System of ISO 14001:2004.