Board of Commissioners establishes Audit Committee to assist the board in monitoring Functions of DirectorsDirectors governing the Company is to be aligned with the principle of good corporate governance. Members of Audit Committee are appointed and dismissed by the Board of Commissioner and is reported to EGM.
The existence of Audit Committee for a public Company refers to the Attachment of Bapepam Chairman Decision No. Kep-29/PM/2004 dated September 24, 2004, Regulation No.IX.1.5 of the Establishment and Implementation Guideline for Audit Committee. The Audit Committee is composed of at least three people, led by an Independent Commissioner with two independent external personnel.
The principle qualifications for the Audit Committee comprise of the possessment of high integrity. One member of Audit Committee must have an educational background in accounting and finance as well as good competence in reading and understanding financial statements. Members of the Audit Committee must also possess good knowledge and experience in line with his/her educational background with good communication skills.
Composition of Audit Committee
The Audit Committee of PT Total Bangun Persada Tbk was established in 2007 with a notification letter to Bapepam No. 056/IR.02/I/2007 dated January 24, 2007. The work guideline of Audit Committee is an Audit Committee Charter, which governs in details the vision, mission, objectives, targets, and duties of Audit Committee, as well as the authority and code of ethics, reporting responsibility, and introduction program for new members.
Roles, Responsibilities, and Authorities of Audit Committee
The roles and responsibilities of Audit Committee are to assist the Board of Commissioners in conducting monitoring function and providing input to management of PT Total Bangun Persada Tbk. In this regard, the Audit Committee performs its roles and responsibilities in a professional and independent manner without any interference from any parties that are not in conformity with the rules and regulations.
For the duties supervised by Audit Committee, Board of Directors is fully responsible for the presentation of financial statements in accordance with the prevailing standards and regulations, and also for the adequacy of risk management and internal control system and for the compliance with prevailing regulations.
The roles and responsibilities of the Audit Committee are to ensure the following:
- Reviewing financial information such as Financial Statements that will be published, with any prediction or other information to ensure that the financial report is reliable and accurate.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of the implementation of internal audit functions with the underlying basis for integrity, objectivity, competency, and independence.
- Evaluating the implementation of an objective and independent external audit process in accordance with prevailing professional standards.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of Internal Control and encouraging personnel’s awareness to the importance of internal control, to minimize the risk of unhealthy financial management practices.
- Monitoring and ensuring the Company’s compliance to the applicable regulations.
- Monitoring the effectiveness of the Company’s risk management.
- Reviewing and reporting issues that require attention from the Board of Commissioners.
Audit Committee is entitled to have access to records and information of employees, financial data, assets and other resources within the Company for the purpose of performing their duties. In exercising its authorities The Audit Committee works in cooperation and coordination of the Internal Audit Unit and External Auditor.
Audit Committee Profile
Drs. H. Mustofa, Ak.
Aria Kanaka, CPA
Ninik Herlani Masli R, S.E., M.M.